Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

April 24, 2011

The kids and their cousin had so much fun celebrating Easter up North this year. We had lots of family join us which made for the best time and even better memories.
The kids were each given 4 eggs to color how ever they choose.
We had so many egg coloring kits they could have had 24 different egg colors if they wanted. I don't know what Trey likes better dying his own eggs or watching his older brothers and cousins creativity with their own.
Trey loved the big Easter egg hunt in the woods, although in a moment of weakness I had to walk away from watching him struggle as he bent down to pick up egg after egg.
I can't explain how deep the pain goes seeing the other 5 kids running around, climbing up and crawling under finding eggs left and right. To have the reality thrust in my face that my 6 year old child is struggling with such simple tasks, ones that come so easy to the rest is a painful truth. I didn't want Trey to see me cry at a moment that he was receiving so much joy from, nor Drake or Broc for that matter. These are those moments that I wish I could make my self disappear to be able to absorb as my own and allow just to "be" but as God would have it (which is probably best) I am always thrown back into the kids lives/reality which gives me no other choice nor time to be sad. I wiped the tears, took a few deep breaths, painted on a forced smile and engaged myself in their pleasure. Trey never complained that he was in pain nor at the fact that all the other kids had found their eggs first, instead he hunted as if he were in his own egg hunting world, completely oblivious to the commotion around him..Broc was so worried that the Easter bunny may not come to the cabin and that Easter for them would have to wait until we got back home Sunday night. But low and behold, Easter morning Drake told me that he had heard the Easter bunny open the front door, come into the cabin and hop around. Broc and Trey were captivated by Drake's observations and equally as excited to know that Easter happens at the cabin too.
The weekend was just a special as we had envisioned. As an extra treat we were able to celebrate Papa Johns birthday as well.

No comments: