Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Button up's For Sale

March 2011

Whew-as I take a breath. Well it happened again...I sent Trey to school in an adorable outfit that just so happens to include a button up shirt. As I meet the boys after school at the bus stop I notice that Trey's shirt is buttoned to the top and think to myself #1, how uncomfortable that has to be and #2, who buttoned his shirt? I ask Trey who buttoned up his shirt and he tells me that Drake did it. So I ask Drake why he would button Trey's shirt to the very top and he tells me that Trey asked him to. I look back at Trey and he has this very sad look on his face. I ask him why he would ask Drake to do that and he tells me because his girl friend told him he looks "weirder" and points to his pecked chest. I was quick this time and had the perfect reply, "you tell her you aren't weird and that you have a big chest like Superman!" That brought a sweet smile to Trey's face but didn't do the "trick" indefinitely. I have tried to convince him to wear his button up shirt's but he will have nothing to do with them. Oh well, I believe this is one of those occasions when you have to decide to pick and choose your battle and this is definitely not worth making a battle out of. Trey, you are my Superman -inside and out!

No comments: