Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Know This Place!


Talk about funny...the second Trey and I drive up to Western Skies Golf Club, Trey let's out a "hey, I know this place". I engage him with a "oh yeah, how?" and wouldn't ya know Trey's response is, "this is where all the cheerleaders were, they kept saying, "Hi", and that puppy and I got to ride on...what's that called? "A golf cart", I reply. "Yup, I remember, that was so fun!"

I thought to myself what a sweet little mind, almost two years later and what Trey remembers of all that went on at his first fundraiser held here at Western Skies was the cheerleaders, the puppy that was in the live auction and the fun ride on the golf cart...the innocence of a child.

I'd take that any day over, "yeah, this is the place of the event that took you away from me for so many hours as you put together a day to raise money for me because I'm sick". Thank you God for the purity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet sister, I remember that most stressful day and how you so eloquently put on a smile and game face hiding your pain and stress. I love you so much Cam, you are my sister and exactly what our angel needed.


xoxoxo

Cath