Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Making the Right Decision


"Trey is bored in school, he's ready for Kindergarten"
"I am so happy Trey is in my class, he is one of a few kids that answer all my questions"
"Trey is ready for Kindergarten, and I wouldn't just tell you that"
"If Trey wasn't mature I'd tell you to hold him back but he's very mature for his age and most definitely ready for Kindergarten"
"Having big brothers have helped him immensely"

For Mike and I to determine the next step for Trey and to make sure it is the "right one", we have been asking for his teachers opinion's. The above answers are what we've got in the way of feedback on whether we should hold Trey back a year or let him advance into Kindergarten. We will still have a meeting to figure out Trey's needs no matter where he ends up next school year but as a mother, I am so happy to hear that Treys teachers BELIEVE in him and his abilities to recommend Trey attend kindergarten this upcoming school year. Mike and I have a check list of concerns that will help us through but so far, so good...looks like Trey may be on his way to becoming a "Haley White Tiger" just like his brothers.

I picked up the registration form's for Kindergarten today (yes, with tears in my eyes)as I listened to the secretary's instructions on filling them all out. A gentleman saw my tears and said, "before you know it your child will be taller than you, 23 year old and asking to move back into your home...if he only knew...the things we take for granted.

No comments: