Friday, August 20, 2010

A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words


TREY'S KNEES TODAY


I have been pondering the facts the doctor told me in Minnesota about Trey’s knee surgery and still had too many questions to let it rest. My biggest question was if this surgery would only help if Trey grew than how come so many other parents have opted for the surgery when I haven’t read of an MPS child over the height of 3 ½ feel tall? I began by registering myself on the MPS forum for Trey’s specific disorder (IV). There I asked the same question as above and within days, multiple responses came back. Every parent of an MPS child that the “8-plates” had been in for some time now or that were already removed had reported that this surgery did indeed correct the “knock knees” and that it happened even though their children didn’t necessarily grow in height. Many parents also said that their child's gait and endurance had benefited from the surgery. From there I went on to ask a couple of the moms that I am in direct contact with and again, I received the same answer…it worked even through there was no significant growth change. Jeni (Eddy’s mom) even backed her results with pictures of Eddy’s knees before and after. Well...as they say, “the proof is in the pudding”, check out these great results!

EDDY BEFORE

EDDY AFTER

I believe this is one surgery that Mike and I will have to rethink. We are thinking of having it done in early June so that Trey can recoup at my grandma’s lake house where Mike and I will have an abundance of help and Trey will be smothered in love.

1 comment:

Alison said...

That is a wonderful out come for Eddy. Thank you for this information. I am wondering when the time is right if my Jack could also benefit from the "8-plate".