Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fun with Grandpa and GiGi

We were invited by my Dad and Gloria to a weekend at a cabin in Pine, AZ. Gloria bid for and won this trip that was donated at Trey's last fundraiser.
Thank you Gloria and Dad...the two of you are always welcome to Trey's fundraisers (esp since you share your winnings, ha-ha) - the Phoenix Suns suite and now a weekend getaway...lucky Trey, lucky us! And a huge thank you once again Gia and Baxter for not only offering up your beautiful cabin for one weekend but for three separate weekends to Trey's fundraiser in order to generate more donations to his medical fund!

A few cute and not so cute stories from the weekend;

As I was unloading the food from the cooler, getting to the last few items, I turn
around and there is Trey in the cooler ready to hide and scare Drake, Broc and Mike when they come back in the kitchen...it was Trey's idea but as soon as I told Trey his "vitcims" were about to enter the kitchen, he seemed too scared to bend forward again in order for the lid to shut all the way...so of course they saw him but OF COURSE they acted very scared when Trey sat up.

Today as I'm getting ready in the bathroom, around the corner I hear Trey talking and talking and talking non-stop to my dad in the living room about some tv show. I come in the room and tell my dad that I sure hope he wasn't planning on relaxing any time soon as Trey was "motoring" his mouth asking question after question...I wondered if my dad was getting a bit exhausted of the constant talking and questions yet he replied with, "are you kidding, this is my bonding time with my buddy". It was like Trey understood because he looked at me, looked at my dad, looked back to the tv and on he went with his conversation...it was so cute to hear him and to listen to my dad's comments back to Trey like he was conducting a conversation with a peer.

Drake and Broc went on a hike and came back to tell all of us about the tarantula they found that was as big and their hand. I questioned their story until this morning as we are loading up the car and again the boys are making a fuss about another tarantula that was walking across the driveway. I ran over to see what all the commotion was about and sure enough it was exactly that...OMG!!! I could not believe my eyes especially since I've lived in Arizona for 30+ years now and have NEVER seen a tarantula. NO...I didn't get a picture.

48 hours of good time's with family, up North, out of the valley's heat is never long enough but just enough to recharge Mike and I to take on life's challenges of the week ahead, (especially since Trey, myself and Broc seem to have come down with a bit of a cough/cold)...although I was expecting this with the first weeks of school and all the new germs that come with it.

Welcome back to realty...

No comments: