Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy/Honey/Mike


Yesterday was Mike’s birthday. I wanted to add a little tribute to Mike the daddy, Mike the husband, Mike the family member, Mike the co-worker, Mike the friend to Trey’s blog so that when ever we get around to printing this blog for Trey, he will be reminded of what an incredible daddy he has…a page in his blog book to make him smile and again know how much he is loved.
An email was sent to Mike at work from a co-worker of his, not because it was his birthday, just because this friend of Mike’s made it a point to take the time out of his day to express to Mike what an excellent father he thinks Mike is to his boys. After reading the email John sent, I was reminded that Mike doesn’t get half the credit he deserves for “shouldering the weight” of our family’s heartache on himself. The boys couldn’t ask for a better dad, friend, or coach than what they have been blessed with in their daddy. Happy Birthday sweetheart and thank you for being the father of our children and the daddy I had always known you’d be...our boy's are so very lucky!

The email read;

Hey Mike,

I wanted you to know I was thinking of you and your family. I’m not the best at giving complements, so bear with me. I think you have seen that photo in my office of me and my son that is says MAKE A DIFFERENCE and it has him rounding third base with me helping him (doing what my father always told me to do). Well that is what I believe you are doing with your boys. You are making a difference and that is the greatest complement I could give a person. I know you’re dealing with a ton of stuff, I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and you family.


It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons~J. Schiller

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cam, I love you both so much. THanks for the kind and deserving words about Mike. I am so very proud of him in all that he does and WHO he is as my brother, your husband and your precious childrens' dad. I love how you love one another and walk through this jorney together with the Lord. Mike, like you, has amazing strenghts and compassion and the two of you compliment each other more than words can say.


xoxoxoxox

Cathy

Anonymous said...

WOW, DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START. CAMI & MIKE U GUYS R AMAZING N BLESSED. TRULY BLESSED WITH SUCH A DEEP N WIDE LUV THAT MOST PEOPLE WIL NEVER HAV OR FEEL WHAT U HAV. GOD HAS GIV N U A TRUE GIFT OF LUV, HIS NAME IS TREY. TREY IS A BEAUTIFUL PERFECT GIFT FROM GOD WITH NO DEFECTS N HIS EYES. I AM SO PROUD OF BOTH OF U FOR ALL U DO FOR TREY N THE BOYS. U GUYS R A INSPIRATION TO MANY PEOPLE. LISA N I WIL CONTINUE 2 PRAY 4 U N THE BOYS, WE R SO BLESSED 2 HAV U GUYS AS FAMILY N WE LUV U VERY MUCH. STAY STRONG N NEVER TRY TO GET THROUGH THIS ON YOUR OWN, ASK GOD FOR EVERYTHING, HE IS ALWAYS THERE EVEN THOUGH IT DOESNT ALWAYS FEEL LIKE IT. WE MIS U GUYS N LUV U ALL PLEASE LET US KNOW BESIDES R PRAYERS WHAT WE CAN DO. LUV U COUSIN BOBY PS LET US KNOW WHEN THE BOYS HAV GAMES, U KNOW WE R MIS N THAT