Friday, August 6, 2010

Making Adjustments


The trike arrived at Trey's school yesterday afternoon. I was very curious to see how Trey handled it, on every level; physically and emotionally. Although I should have stuck to my original plan of "hiding" and watching from afar to see how he did on the trike. But NO... I had to let him see me as he walked off the bus to reassure him I didn't abandon him (I have to say the verdict is still out on whether or not it was worth ruining my original plan over because the smile I got when he saw me standing there at his school was priceless).
Here's the deal...I knew he was crying as he got on the bus this morning because I rushed our "goodbye's". I was rushing because I know our bus stop is the last stop so I figured I needed to hurry if I was going to make it to school before the bus (park, sign in, and run to the back of the school where the buses drop off) in order to be able watch him ride the trike from the bus to the playground. Needless to say I completely ruined my own plan to spy.
When the trike was offered to Trey he got on it and just sat and sat and sat. Eventually he began to ride and did a great job of it. When we arrived at Trey's classroom, again Trey just sat on his bike with his head down, tears in his eyes. I have no idea if this was because he doesn't like the bike, or that he's embarrassed, or he knew I would be leaving, or what...
I've come to the conclusion that I got nothing accomplished after all of that because Mrs. Dean (Trey's teacher) said he did a great job with the trike yesterday afternoon. I wish i could have stuck to my original plan of spying to get a good assessment of how Trey really does with his new modification. But until then , my heart will sit contently knowing that Mrs. Dean says that Trey is doing great with his new trike and knowing that it helps her just as much as it helps him makes it easier on everybody.

2 comments:

Lexi Ray said...

Oh Cami, That Picture Breaks my heart. But I think he was just not wanting you to leave. I can't imagine him not wanting the special bike. It's like at a birthday party and everyone wants to try out the new bike. They all look at trey and think. Wow I wish I could have a bike to ride to class. Love you xoxo Lexi

Kianna said...

Tell Trey I said hi and good luck on one of his many adventures and trust me it gets easy and if Trey is embarrassed just tell him that I had to ride in a wagon until I was in the 5th talk about embarrassing!!! Haha it only gets better... Well tell Trey to wish me luck as I start HIGH SCHOOL!!! I am soo nervous.... Anyways tell Trey to keep his head up and have fun in kindergarden because those are the fun years and I miss them. Hahaha lol
Best of luck Kianna<3