Friday, April 30, 2010

I love my job!


I love my job! It seems that every time I go to work something happens that confirms to me that I was meant to be there. This past week, I met Willie, a provisioning agent with Southwest, stocking the back of the plane getting it ready for us and our next flight. As he worked and I waited for the passengers to deplane we had a conversation that again confirmed Trey's purpose in life. He asked about my kids and I asked about his. Willie told me that he was having a really bad day that his truck had broke down and that his wife was bringing his grandson up to work over his lunch hour to cheer him up. I don't remember word for word how it played out but by the grace of God, Trey's story gave Willie an entirely different outlook on his troubles. "There you go again my little angel her on earth, touching peoples lives everywhere you go". Willie shook his head, and said that it was obvious that I was a Christian, and thanked me for our talk. Willie closed the airplane door with a smile on his face...I just know it was going to be a better day for my new friend.

No comments: