Saturday, April 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE LOVE!


When Mike and I woke up today we found Trey in our bed...again! Trey has a way of finding his way through the dark of the night right between the two of us and into our bed. We both smiled as we wished our littlest blessing a Happy 5th Birthday and began to reminisce about 5 years ago today. Going through the birthing experience for the third time, you'd think it would have been a "walk in the park" for me but this time was different. Not only did my water break, something I had yet to experience with Drake or Broc's birth but Trey came to us via an emergency c-section. Trey was so beautiful, with his prefect shaped head and gorgeous blonde hair, weighing 8lbs 13oz's and being the largest of our three boys we had some huge plans for him but God's were much, much different.

Thinking about the past five years and the abundant joy this little angel has brought to our lives brings me to tears, our plan or His, this child was meant to be here and most definitely for a reason.

Dear Trey,
How can I begin to put into words the eminence amount of happiness you have brought to our family, to our friends and even to complete strangers? Your story is one that had I had a "sneak peek" into would never in a million years thought I would have been able to live through but because of you I am a much stronger person and only because of you have I really, really, really been able to experience the true meaning of faith. You, my precious angel, in your short five years here on earth have taught mommy and daddy more than any person or book could have ever taught us about life, about love and about the meaning of living in the moment.

I know that one day you will read this and read how much meaning your life has, what an impact your 5 years have had on so, so many and without a doubt BELIEVE like daddy and I do that you were meant to be here and that your purpose is beyond special...your beautiful blonde curls and big blue eyes that remind so many of an angel was not bestowed upon you by mistake. You are our angel here on earth and every day we thank God for the gift of your life and for choosing us to be given the honor of being your parents. I love you more than you could ever comprehend...Happy Birthday my sweet child, Mommy

2 comments:

Lexi Ray said...

Happy Birthday. I too remember the day you were born, there were so many wondering and waiting for the day you would enter this earth. The first time I saw you in the hospital trey I cried happy tears and knew I was in the presences of an earth angel. I love you! Xoxo Auntie Lexi

Cathy Angst said...

Trey’s love for life, sense of humor and innate sense of compassion are humbling to say the least. With risk of prejudice, Trey is exhibits more bravery than most will demonstrate or endure in a life time. Thank you, Trey, for teaching us humility, patience and compassion and most of all God’s unconditional and graceful love