Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Pirate Party


1:34am and I can’t sleep. I want so badly to lie by Trey and talk to him, pray for him, and by some miracle explain to him what his disorder is and in turn have him to remember all I expressed when he awakes. So that whenever he finally does get to the point of asking questions, he will already know all the answers and I won’t have to endure the pain in his sweet little eyes as I trying to explain.
I know why I am feeling this way…Trey turned 5 on Saturday and I am alone with my thoughts wondering what the next year for Trey might bring. What will his 5th year of life have in store for him? I know it is all in God’s time and that Treys’ story is already written, but birthdays seem to be a time for me to reflect. I think that instead of lying in bed speculating about something that is completely out of my control, I will stay awake on the computer and write about something fun and positive until I can’t keep my eyes open any longer.

Tonight was Treys 5th birthday party. Last October Trey had suggested that everyone at his birthday party dress up like pirates. I thought it was such a cute Idea but never thought that 6 months later he would remember his suggestion. Well he did and even tried to throw a twist into his plan by asking if all the boys could dress up like pirates and all the girls be Cinderella. I was able to convince Trey that many of us girls had already bought our pirates costumes thus getting us out of that expensive and hot (it was 92 degrees today in Phx) proposal.
The party was a huge success! Trey was as happy as any little scallywag could be. He loved his cake Grandma Mikki made him, loved all his presents (had such nice manners thanking everyone after he’d open each one) and I could tell he got a kick out of seeing his family and his little buddies dress up.

One of the best stories about the party was Broc’s ”gift’s” to Trey. Broc spent this past month planning the event’s that he wanted to take place at Trey’s party. He spent over $50 of his own money buying games and prizes as well as buying Trey his very own gold fish (Trey named his new fish, Jack...Jack Sparrow). Mike and I were so proud of Broc and how he was so insistent on making Trey’s party special. The kids games were separated by big kids and little kids, the prizes were very nice and the organization and patience of Broc made Mike and I extremely proud. But more than that, the compassion Broc displayed for his little brother without a single proposition by Mike nor I blew us away.

I asked Broc what had made him want to do all this for Trey and he said because he wanted him to be happy since he had to be sick and visit so many doctors all the time. You can’t teach that level of empathy to an 8 year old. This all being part of the bigger picture for our family and what God has in store not only for Trey, but for Drake, Broc, Mike and I.

And like clock work, here is my little angel now…he has once again found his way into our bedroom during the middle of the night. I can now go to bed with a smile on my face as I fall asleep to Trey’s breathing.
A huge thank you to everyone who made the extra effort and honored Trey’s little desire by dressing up tonight. Mike and I are so appreciative of your love.

6 comments:

kianna and justin darla said...

Trey is so cute and we love him so much!!!!!!!!! hope trey had a great birthday

Lexi Ray said...

I can't believe you are up this late. Actually I can... I love you Cami, the party was amazing. The boys had so much fun. your families outfits were toooo cute. Broc is amazing and Trey is priceless and Drake is such a great big brother. You are one lucky mama, you should feel blessed to be raising such good boys. I was so impressed by the way Drake and Broc took gabe under there wing and made him feel apart of the party and games. Gabe really really had a good time. Love you Lexi

Sherri said...

Wow... That cake is amazing! Sounds like a fun party and what a sweet brother!

rachel burton said...

I know how you feel Cami, The older Bella gets the harder. But Broc sounds like such a great big brother. Gabi can be like that also and she hates how Bella has to go to the DR all the time. It takes a toll even on the siblings. If you need to talk please call me. Just know you aren't in this alone. You have family, friends and also fellow morquio families that are all here for you. We love you guys and just know we are here if you need anything.
Love Rachel, Ed, Bella and Gabi

Kelly De Jong said...

I love the picture of all of you guys dressed up like pirates :) You guys really and truly are a beautiful family.... both inside and outside!!! Hope Trey's birthday was amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Broc...he is so sweet and just like his Auntie Cathy :)----!