Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beyond "Special"

March 25, 2010
Before I begin, I have to say, "Thank You Ashley for thinking of Trey and for being the reason for everything Special that was planned for our family!I love you my dear friend, Cami

When I say "beyond SPECIAL" I mean nothing less! Our vacation over Spring Break was first class from beginning to end.

From the stretch H3 limo,

to tickets to any amusement park in Florida, to Give Kids the World Village...beyond our expectations and back. Mike and I truly don't know how our boys will ever be able to go on another vacation without comparing it to this last week...we we're VIP in every sense of the word all thanks to Ashely and Miss Lisa.

Thank you Give Kids The World (GKTW), your village is spectacular to say the least! Dick Nunis (Chairman, Disney Attractions)was right when he compared Mr. Henri Landwirth, CEO and visionary behind GKTW to Mr. Walt Disney. Both "lands" just as amazing as the next only Give Kids the World is only for children with life threatening disorders. Picture living out your week inside the Candyland board game...everything bright and fun and wonderful. Mike and I were in disbelief that the people who created this magical place didn't miss a beat. I could go on forever about all that was offered, scheduled,and given to our family during our stay in Florida but would end up writing a book it seriously provided THAT much.

(above picture-in front of our Villa at GKTW...check out the adorable Villas across the lake, the entire Village had that look).
Trey had such a great time as well as Drake and Broc...when you can eat ice cream from 7:30am to 9pm for free, what child woudn't? Did I mention everything was free at GKTW? To not have a worry and to be given the luxury to do what we wanted in a town that is a family vacationers dream was a blast. We spent 3 days at Disney World (Disney's Magic Kingdom and Epcot), one day at Universal Studios,





which included seeing the Blue Man Group (dad and GiGi were there too).

and 1 day at Gator Land and didn't even scrape the surface of all that we could have done had we more time.


The only sad time for me (other than the 12 hour stomach flu Drake, Broc and I experienced) was to try to calm Trey and his broken little heart each time we had to tell him he wasn't tall enough for a ride. My insides were crushed to see his precious face watch his daddy and brothers as well as children so obviously younger than himself run past Trey and be able to ride rides he was turned away from. I wanted to plead his case for every ride that I felt wasn't too rough that I believed he would be fine to go on...the "mother bear" in me again.

Trey's "special wish" was to meet Cinderella and meet her he did, a one on one meet and greet. The only problem was, as many boys do when they see the girl they "love" they clam up.
It was the cutest thing, he froze and didn't say a word, just stood in front of Cinderella and shook his head. I was crying to see him get his "wish" granted but so wanted him to talk to the pretty princess...it was oh so cute to see the shy side of Trey (esp towards a girl),maybe I didn't realize how serious his feelings were towards her...haha



That aside, we are so sad to have to "wake up" from the dream but so happy to report that the dream will forever last in our minds and hearts.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How awesome to be able to have such a special vacation and how special are the people that make it happen and change lives forever! Remember Dreams do come true.