Monday, June 6, 2011

An Injury...sorta'


Broc and Trey were playing soccer when Broc pretended to side tackle Trey. Trey faked an injury to his knee. My mom was sitting on the side lines being Trey’s biggest fan and played along with the injury for Trey’s sake. She carried Trey inside and asked me for an Ace bandage. Grandma Mikki explained to Trey that when Kurt Warner hurts his knee he wraps it like so (as she wrapped Trey’s knee). Trey is ‘eating this up’ and absolutely loves all the attention he’s getting from his Grandma. He is cracking me up...the child has continued the act, kept the bandage on and is even army crawling everywhere he needs to get to. I told Trey that tomorrow after his surgery both of his knees would be wrapped sorta’ like that and he said, “No, just this one is hurt, tell the doctor”. Either way, I’m thinking that when he sees both of his knees wrapped tomorrow after surgery it may not be such a shock to him now-hopeful thinking!

Have I mentioned that Trey has personality spewing out of his pores’ ??? Trey is such an entertainer and like we’ve said from the beginning...”he makes our world go round”! I thank God everyday for our precious ‘gift’.

*Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow. I’m already dreading what tomorrow will be like even before we head to the hospital...no food or drink after 7:00 a.m. with surgery time being at 2pm...this is NOT going to be easy! I will post after we get home sometime Wednesday or as soon as I get the chance to let everyone know how Trey’s knee surgery went. Again, a million thanks for all the love and support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see your updates. I hope all go's well in surgery. Thinking of your family always,
Jeanne brogdon and Claire

Anonymous said...

Cami and Mike,
We're so happy the surgery went fine and that Trey is such a trooper!
Maggie, Jean-Luc, Maeva & Anais