Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Day

I should have titled this blog entry, "Another Bad Day with Mom". Trey was not about to cooperate with me when it came to moving him, bathing him or doing physical therapy with him. He screamed at the top of his lungs when I did all three. Once again I called and made a PT appointment to try to "straighten" him out...literally. And again Trey was a strong little boy who followed all instructions, didn't shed a tear and even walked with assistance across the table. I was extremely proud of Trey and his determination as he took each step towards the end of the table, smiling from ear to ear, simultaneously he looked at me for affirmation as I motioned him on with thumbs up, a victory clench and motioning exaggerated claps.
We both were so proud of his accomplishment today. We have three appointments scheduled for next week.
On the drive home I asked Trey why he won't try to move his legs with me and he says without hesitation, "you're not a leg teacher, you're not Mrs. Stacy".
Just like he did yesterday, he wanted to trick Grandma Mikki again today when we arrived home to tell her that he did nothing at PT. Of course my mom goes along with his tease and within moments he yells, "No, just kidding". Trey is such a little ham! We are so pleased with his progress.

No comments: