Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pulling at my Heartstrings


As the rains were pouring down this past week and I was loading Trey and all my errand "stuff" into the car, I made the mistake of putting the electric screwdriver on the seat of the car, next to Trey, instead of on the floor. I hurried as quick as I could once Trey and I pulled up to Physical Therapy to get him from the car and into the building...obviously I wasn't quick enough for "Mr. Busy". Trey unbuckled himself from his seat, and pressed the electric screwdriver's trigger on the handle faster than I could get from the front seat to the back. I was numb to see and hear Trey using the screwdriver on the back of the leather seat in our SUV. Trey knew in an instant I was so disappointed in him and tried to work his "magic" on me his entire time at physical therapy...I didn't break a smile (ok so maybe a bit of a smile) and Trey knew I was serious about him not touching what wasn't his. So an hour and a half later we're in the car again ready to drive back home when Trey calls my name. I look in the back seat and there he is, with the most adorable look on his face and his hands in the shape of a heart as he says, "I Love You Mommy". I have no idea who taught Trey that little gesture with his hands but with out hesitation, I smiled and returned the sentiment, looked forward and was reminded not to sweat the small stuff and to thank God for "Little Mr. Big Stuff"...our Michael Trey.

No comments: