Sunday, May 16, 2010

Facing the Giants

One of the gift’s Mike bought me from the boy’s for Mothers Day was the movie “Facing the Giants”. He thought it was very important that we watch it as a family…he was so right. Tonight as a family we watched the movie. Mike and I were brought to tears on a few occasions and although the boys can’t relate as adults do to many of the circumstances, we showed it to them hoping they would get the significance of the movie and take away from it a good feeling. As I do every night with the boys, talk to them about their day or read a book as well as always say our prayers, tonight when I went into Broc’s room to begin our nights’ rituals, I thought I saw him holding his head. I asked Broc if he had a headache, he said no in a soft little voice (his voice is so cute as it is but was even more with his sadness). So, I laid down next to him in his bed and asked what was going on. Broc told me he was not holding his head but was praying, praying for Trey. Broc was praying for Trey to be well and to grow taller. I think I lasted about two point two seconds before I began to cry. Broc continued, and asked me why God had to make his little brother sick and couldn’t God make Trey at least as tall as Dante’ (his oldest cousin)? I sat there a listened to his innocent heart and sweet requests and silently tears rolled down my face. With out a word from me, Broc continued with, “I read the picture frame that was hanging in the coaches house (in the movie) and it said that with God, everything is possible”. I then mustered up the most normal voice I could (hoping he wouldn't hear in my voice that I was crying) and told Broc he was right and that, Yes, with God all things are possible so we will keep praying to God to make Trey healthy. I then thanked Broc for caring about his little brother so much and asked that when Trey goes to his and Drakes' school next year would he take just as good a care of Trey. Of course he thought literally about my request and said, “Well mom, I’ll be in the third grade hall next year and won’t be able to see Trey enough to take care of him”. We talked a bit more about the movie and Broc’s feelings…then out of left field, Broc says, “I hope God gives Trey a nice wife". So sweet, so honest, so innocent…I love that you love so completely my sweet Broc and thank God for your big heart…sweet dreams baby doll.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cami,

Thanks for all of your updates. Your love for your family is beautiful.
Hope to see you soon!

xoxo,
Kacey