Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not a Stranger

*December 21, 2011

I've explained how Trey and I have meet so many nice people on our travels to and from Oakland week after week, whether it be the airport, on the plane, in the hospital, at the cafeteria...we have met some extraordinary people. Mr. Johnathan is one of those people. I started talking to him after I took notice that not only was he on our flights in the am but also the pm. Soon into our conversation we began to talk about Trey and our reasons for travel as well. It's nice to see familiar faces at the airport week after week and even be given a heads up about late flights...Johnathan is one of those people. Yesterday he asked for our home address as he brought me to tears with his reason for wanting to send a little something to Trey for Christmas. Johnathan said, "Trey reminds me why we live".

What started out as a perfect stranger has ended up being such a wonderful person. Today a box came to the front door addressed to Trey. This was his reaction, word for word when he saw what Mr. Johnathan had sent him, "Yeeeeees, Yahhhhhh, Whoooooo! Just what I wanted for Christmas! Thank youuuu Mr. Johnathan, you are the best!" Yup, Trey loved the gift and so did I as I was witness to the joy on my babies face. Thank you Johnathan for being such a good listener (haha- you remembered Trey likes Da' Bears) and now a good friend!
*Trey "wearing" his new Chicago Bears blanket...he didn't want to set it down.

No comments: