Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time Out

October 9-10, 2010

As hard as it is for most parents to take time away from their children, we all know it is needed and most often well deserved time. The weekend of October 9th was a fun filled one for myself (and Mike too). The Cardinal Cheerleader’s celebrated their 20th Anniversary the weekend of the Cardinal vs Saint’s game. We alumni made a full weekend of it! From my dear friend Carrie holding a Zumbathon fundraiser for the Alumni in honor of Trey,to a girls night out, to game day where we enjoyed reminiscing, lunch in the red Zone, a raffle to honor Breast Cancer as well as (not to be forgotten) a great football game!
A huge THANK YOU to my friends Carrie, Andrea and Nichet for making Trey’s Zumbathon a great success and for all of those who “rocked it” that morning. Another big, big thank you to our wonderful Canadian friends, Jon and Stephanie for offering us 2 tickets to that same weekends Cardinal game. The bad news is we couldn’t find two more tickets for Mike to be able to take the boys see their mommy on the field but the good news is Mike and my dad had a great time at the game, enjoyed some male bonding, great seats and an awesome ‘W” for our Cardinals!
I felt I needed some R&R after all the excitement but was also so appreciative of my “girl time” and thus ready to face life’s day to day challenges.

No comments: