Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No!!! More Bad News

So often I question the saying, "God only gives you what you can handle"...because at this moment I feel like I couldn't possibly handle not a single ounce more! As if not getting to say goodbye to my puppy wasn’t enough, low and behold today’s mail holds in it a few transcriptions from the doctor appointments we had in Minnesota. I assume that the one from Dr. Braunlin, the cardiologist will be short and sweet because as she reported to us on June 21st, Trey’s heart is remarkable! What more is there to report?... so I open it first. Well, the letter states, “on preliminary read his cardiac valves were reported to have no thickening. On final read of the echo, mild thickening of the mitral (inflow) valve was noted.”
Honestly, I feel deflated, like someone popped me and not all the air left my body so another someone popped me again, making sure I would be left flat and unable to float. Seriously, I feel like I am drowning, unable to float and again question that He only gives us as much as we can handle. I have no idea what this “thickening” means because I didn’t ask any questions because at the time there was no need to ask a question…Trey’s heart organ was given an A+! My first thought was to email my good friend Margo as I recall her son, Nathan (MPS VI) also having some sort of issues with his heart. Margo said that Nathan did in fact have issues but ever since ERT, there have been no reports of progression. I can only pray that the ERT for MPS IV is on its way. From what I read, the number one cause of death in MPS children is heart failure. My next step will be to contact Dr. Braunlin and begin asking questions. Please keep Trey in your prayers.

No comments: