Friday, June 18, 2010

"What?" to think


It has been one year since Trey had tubes inserted into his ears to help with his hearing loss. At our latest appointment with the ENT, another hearing test was performed and again Trey failed. At the time I was feeling pretty good about how Trey's everyday hearing was going. The audiologist explained that sometimes because a hole is cut into the ear drum for the tubes, the kids can't hear certain tones, like the ones given during a hearing test, because of this, she said that if I wasn't worried, they would see no need to worry about the failed test. But as luck would have it, ever since that day it seems like we are having to repeat ourselves to get Trey to respond. I asked for the written results from the hearing test taken on that day to bring with us to Minnesota and think I will ask to have another test done on Trey this next week. I pray that this is just a matter of Trey being ornery and nothing worse.

No comments: