Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Time off




8/20-8/30 Mike and I cruised Hawaii for my 40th Birthday and I have to say that the time away was just what the "doctor ordered". Every time we called home, the boys were either sleeping, heading out the door or kept it short because they were busy, and not once did they cry for us to come home soon...how nice is it to have the help of family to take care of your most precious treasures and be able to get away to enjoy some one-on-one, down time together? We made sure to train everyone on how to administer Trey's growth hormone shots and felt very comfortable about leaving that task in the hands of our family too. Mike and I are so lucky and can't thank you all enough for making the boys feel so comfortable at home without us that we could actually enjoy our time away and not feel guilty about not taking them with us. Should I feel so good about that? haha! The hugs we got when we returned were the kind you'd want to bottle for a lifetime...my heart was filled with joy! I wished so bad that we could have returned home only to take the boys back to Hawaii with us to be able to live without a care in the world, in Kaui, in PARADISE.

1 comment:

Lexi Ray said...

I am so glad that you guys got to get away. I am so happy you were able to relax and enjoy yourself, knowing the boys were being taken care of. You two deserved every min. away. Love ya Lexi