Monday, July 20, 2009

"Making It RIGHT"


July 19, 2009

My stomach is in knots and true to course, I can’t sleep. Mike and I have been asked to meet with a “quality control” team at St. Joseph ’s Hospital tomorrow morning. We have been invited to explain the order of events that lead to Trey’s misdiagnosis. We will also be able to raise any and all questions we have about billing issues/inconsistencies regarding Trey’s weekly infusions. I pray all goes well and that this meeting will bring awareness to our concerns as well as the negligence and lack of empathy Trey’s doctors displayed during his time in their care.

Just before Trey fell asleep, I promised him that his mommy would fight a good fight for him tomorrow and I prayed this prayer aloud to him;


Dear God,

You have blessed us with the care and compassion; I pray that tomorrow you would also provide Mike and I with the memory and articulation of our story so that we may make clear to the team of medical professionals the pain and heartache we’ve endured at the hands of their doctors in reference Trey’s misdiagnosis. God please help our account of events help Trey in all ways possible and hopefully help others never to have to undergo this same sort of unacceptable treatment.

Amen.



The picture above is a picture of Trey explaining how he’d fight those “bad guy” doctors

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cam,
I hope and pray that your meeting today went well. I thank God for your strength and compassion and pray that justice finds you. I pray for tolerance, especially as it relates to your every day life for all of you. Most importantly, I wish you faith, good fortune and health. I thank you and God for this unimaginable lesson in compassion and humility and most of all I pray for Trey's well being and health. I love you all so very much.

Auntie Cathy

rachel Burton said...

Hello,
I just came across your blog through Eddie's caringbridge site. My daughter is also 4 with MPS IV type A. Trey seems like my Bella with a strength that I can or don't think I could ever have. Bella also has a 8 yr old sister Gabi who is the best big sister ever. I just thought I would introduce myself and say hi and that we will now be thinking of your family and what all these kids and families go through on a daily basis. We send our love your way.
Rachel Burton and family.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/bella04