Monday, July 6, 2009

Grow Baby GROW!!!


With a bit of trepidation I am happy to report that Trey has started his Growth Hormone shots. My HEART tells me that this will work but my head and the medical field makes me question the results…we have decided to go with our heart. The daily injections are as hard as taking your child to the pediatrician for their yearly shots knowing that going into it, all is well, but that at sometime you will have to deal with the sadness of hearing them cry. To know that we have to her Trey cry nightly and that we are the ‘bad guys’ administering the shots makes my heart ache but we have been told that soon enough Trey will get use to the daily injections and that the fear and tears will dissipate. As I’m sure this won’t be a shock to any of you, Trey is actually getting through this all pretty well as long as I let him be a part of the preparation. Trey helps mommy put the injection pen together, dial his dose and open the alcohol swab. The tears are still a part of our nightly routine but I think it’s more due to the fear and anticipation than the pain. But as parents, we all know too well that ANY amount of sorrow we inflict on our children is too much. So for now, we will undergo the anguish in hopes of an “inch at a time”. Pictured is Trey with Lynn, the extremely nice home health nurse that taught Mike and I how to administer the shots. Thank you Lynn for making this new chapter in our daily medical lives with Trey and all our trials and tribulations a smooth transition!

No comments: