Thursday, April 30, 2009

1st Fundraiser Usborne Book Sales




Our very first fundraiser was initiated on January 2008 by who is now my very dear friend, Margo Anderson. Margo was the first mom that I was in contact with soon after Trey’s initial diagnosis of MPS VI and a life saver for a multitude of reasons (Margo’s son also has MPS VI). Margo is a rep. for Usborne books who dedicates her business to raising money for the MPS Society given that their family has complete coverage insurance through the military. Margo offered to host a book show for Trey. Not only would Margo so kindly give 25% percent from the sale of the books back to us, we would also earn free books from the total sales of the show. Margo suggested we might take the free books we’ll earn and make raffle baskets with them for our upcoming golf tournament. Margo put the fire under me and started the ball rolling. Margo offered to select and order all the free books for us. The baskets we were able to make from the free books were fantastic. We made eight different baskets with about a dozen books in each, ranging in ages from baby to teen’s~ Margo’s selections were superb. Not only did we earn money for Trey’s medical account from the sale of the books, we also received proceeds from the raffle of the baskets. My treasured friend Margo, you are “the Wind Beneath my Wings”, thank you for all you do for me and my family on so many levels.

Be sure to check back, as we will highlight fundraisers that were held in Trey's behalf, each month. There are lots to highlight. Are hearts are full of the generosity and love that we have and continue to feel from all our Treys Treasures.

1 comment:

Margo said...

You made me cry Cami. I am so lucky to have you in my life as well. One of these days we will actually get to meet each other in person.