Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Raising Awareness on Trey's Birthday


For those of you whom I’ve told, the sadness of your child “not being like all the other children his/her age” has begun. On more than one occasion, each one of the boy’s classmates has made a comment about Trey and his differences. I decided to take matters into my own hands to raise awareness of MPS by educating people on just how “Special” Trey is.



Trey has school on his birthday this coming Friday so along with signing up to bring snacks for his class that day, I’ve also decided to bring awareness to Trey’s disorder. I had a photo card made that I will attach to the kids treats. Along with a cute picture of Trey (and our female shaved, Golden ~ Laci), is this poem and his blog spot address.



My name is Trey,

my birthday’s TODAY!

I may look different…

more like “Special” I’d say!



Along with the treats

I was hoping that

you’d take a peek

to find out why…

I’m such a “Special Little Guy”!



www.ourtreystreasures.blogspot.com



*the picture I used is attached



My wish is that parents will visit Trey’s blog spot, read about Trey’s journey and explain to their children in simple terms why Trey isn’t exactly like them. My prayer is that the more friends Trey have that “understand” his condition, the less likely they will be to look at him any different and maybe even explain to other kids how cool Trey is.



With MPS Awareness Day right around the corner, May 15th…what better timing than our baby’s birthday to spread the word

No comments: