Sunday, March 29, 2009

We cannot learn without pain. - Aristotle

Hits home…thought I might share, Cami


Joy Comes In The Morning

We cannot learn without pain. - Aristotle

As a parent, I have tried not to protect my children from the very things that led me to realize that I needed Jesus. Of course I care for them and watch out for them and protect them from danger, but I cannot ignore the fact that pain and experience are two of life's greatest teachers. We all learn from our mistakes and from our failures. I want them to come to realize how much they need God and they won't do that if I keep rescuing them from every situation.

What good would it be if we felt pain each day but never learned from it? And what good would it be if we sailed through life without experiencing the joy that comes after the sorrow?

There can be no growth of character and depth of personality if our lives were perfect. Experience, and everything that comes with that - fear, failure, success, confidence, sorrow, joy - is what builds our heart and deepens our soul. We learn to move beyond our pain and sorrow to grow in areas and directions we would never have imagined.

And we learn to trust God and stand on His word that says, "weeping may last through the night, but joy comes in the morning."

No comments: