Saturday, February 25, 2012

Run for Broxton

February 12, 2012


In a previous post I wrote about my new found friend, Kristi and her son Broxton who was diagnosed with Batten Disease mid-2011. Today the five of us participated in a fundraiser for Broxton that consisted of a 5k run/walk and a fun run for the kids. The night before the fundraiser I explained to the boys a little bit about Brox and his disorder. Although they were all extremely tired from the days activities, they all agreed that it was worth waking up bright and early for Broxton and to show support for his brother Brody. I was so proud of the boys for being able to understand how much their love and support meant to me and to the Taylor family as well. Batten disease is also one of the diseases found in a group known as lysosomal storage disorders-like MPS (Trey's disorder). The day I met Kristi as we hugged upon meeting I told her that I was sorry and she replied with, "it's ok". I looked her in the eyes and said, "it's not ok and that of all people, she did didn't have tell me it was ok because it's not and that I understand" Today, I am so sorry to say that I don't understand and honestly will never, ever will. I love you my friend and pray for you the strength you, Cody and Brody need in these trying times! xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are amazing!!! I love you Cami xoxo Lexi

Jenna said...

Hi Trey
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Your kids are precious miracles, special gifts, handsome prince and They are cute earthly angels. Trey is a smilen champ, inspirational hero, courageous fighter, and a brave warrior.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, 14 medical conditions.
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com