Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Renee'


July 15pm
To our amazement and realization Trey had a wonderful time at Skate Land where we celebrated Renee's birthday party. When we got to the rink we not only noticed some of the younger kids skating with the assistance of a “wheeled walker” but that they also offered a skate in Trey’s size that obviously rolled much slower than the regular skates. I know I sound like a broken record when I say that Trey amazed us once again with his determination and spirit but… he did! I asked Trey if he wanted to skate just to say that I did, never, ever expecting that he would say yes! I was in tears as I witnessed Trey skate with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes as if they were winking to me telling me not to worry.
Every day we learn from this child and today was no exception. We left the house at 9:30 this morning and never thought we would be gone all day up until the hour of Renee’s party. Mike and I had originally planned that I would drop Trey off to him and that he would stay home with him while I take Drake and Broc to the birthday. We figured it wouldn’t be much fun for Trey to sit and watch all the kids skate around him. But because all five of us were at Trey’s hearing appointment and it lasted longer than expected, we all went to the party. It was too late to go home and be then be back to Skate Land in time. God’s plan in action…otherwise we would have never got to witness the joy of Trey on skates and the happiness that filled his heart as he rolled around the rink!
Trey winning the 1000 ticket jackpot…a good time!

No comments: