Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More questions


As were are fast forwarding through “So You Think You Can Dance”, Trey grabs my cheeks and say’s, “Am I done growing?” I look back and reply, “I’m not sure”. Trey looks me straight in the eyes and says, “Maybe God did something wrong”. I look at him without a second thought and say, “No, Trey, God did everything right when he made you!”. He looked at me with a sweet grin and asks, “Is Emma growing?” and I tell him yes. Then as usual, he changes the subject and says, “I’m gonna tell those heaven guys that my name is M.J.” I kiss the sweetest cheeks that ever were and ask him, “what if I ask those heaven guys where my Treybo is and they don’t know who I’m talking about?” He smiles with a sparkle in his eyes like he’s being tricky, so I tell him I’ll ask the heaven guys “where is my Michael Trey?” and they will say, “Oh, Michael Junior, you mean M.J.?” and they will point to you, I’ll see you and say, “Yes, that’s my guy!” He giggles so hard that it tickles his insides, we hug and I sigh a sigh of belief that we got through what could have been a heart breaking moment. To me the pain goes deeper than he knows because I know the truth, but to him it’s just another question...to be a test of my strength.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trey,
Your surgery will go great and your example of strength and courage reminds all of us mommies what's truly important in life. Not the juice box stains on the coach or the Hot Wheels at the bottom of the pool, but the sweet moments and love and support of family and friends! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Treybo,
We love you so much and pray for God to guide your doctor's hands. You are braver and stronger than any Yes Sir Guy we know!! We love you and can't wait to do something fun just as soon as you feel all better.

Love Auntie Cathy, Uncle Bryan, Andrew & Bella....arf arf!