Friday, March 12, 2010

Savannah's mommy & daddy



So for those of you who didn’t hear, we had a professional auctioneer at Trey’s fundraiser. John and his wife, Shelley came down from Northern California and provided their services for us free of charge! The neatest part about it all is the story of how John, Shelley and I came to meet. I was working (flight attendant) in the front of the airplane when the cutest baby doll came aboard in her jammies and began to inform us flight attendants that she had just met Cinderella. It was “love at first sight”…just look at that face! I haven’t gotten a bad letter yet from that flight that day, but 90% of the flight I spent talking to my new little friend, Savannah. We talked about how she also met Snow White and about the pictures she was drawing, Disneyland and her brand new baby brother (the smartest little girl with the clearest vocabulary). Savannah’s mom, Shelley and I talked about how they were “celebrating” following a recent medical scare with Savannah. Her situation led to Trey’s story…we talked awhile then I walked away to get back to work (but not for long). Within moments I came back to John and Shelley with Trey’s postcard about his event because it was the best thing I had to write his blog address on (never dreaming in a million years that they would ever come, or even knowing what John’s profession was, for that matter). The moment I handed them the card, they looked at one another and couldn’t believe their eyes. After I left the first time, John and Shelley instantly began to wonder what they could do to help Trey. So when I returned with the event postcard, they were shocked that the answer was just handed to them…Trey’s fundraiser was their answer and it was just weeks away. John told me what he did, asked if I already had an auctioneer for Trey’s event and offered his services. All I could think is that God works in amazing ways! What a huge blessing to have met such a darling of a little girl who made my day and to top it off, wonderful, caring parents that were the "icing on the cake". Those of you who were at Trey’s fundraiser heard first hand how remarkable John was…a true pro! Mike and I were so honored to have John and Shelley grace our presence with their talents and support. What a difference a professional makes and what a difference a flight makes. We love you guys...welcome to our family!

No comments: