Monday, December 21, 2009

Mr. Personality

This is an e-mail my sister-in-law sent to me after watching Trey for Mike and I the other day...he truly is such a little shining light for all to see.

Cam,
Thank you so much for the honor and pleasure of "babysitting" today! Pure heaven is all I can say. I hope I can accurately recall today's events because I know they make you laugh as much as they did me.
Our morning was fairly routine, of course Trey had to pick out his own clothes and dress himself. Trey picked his favorite shorts, got a huge grin & said "I left this in my pocky"! It was his Bat Chapstick from Halloween..... we both laughed and Trey put the lip balm on.
So off to Physical Therapy. Trey waited eagerly in the chair, put on some more chapstick and attempted to hide from Mr. Mike but Trey's excited wiggles and giggles gave him away.

PT was was particularly busy today and we thought Trey was going to swim first and got him changed, but there was a change in venue. Trey's disappointment was obvious, I was concerned that he wouldn't be interested in working out. Mr. Mike got down on the floor with Trey and he still wasn't showing a lot of interest until Mr. Mike asked if he just had pancakes & syrup. Of course Trey and I instantly laughed because I asked him the same question while getting him out of his car seat. Trey giggled and told Mr. Mike "it's my bats"! All of a sudden I hear a woman's voice saying "show me how you do that Trey" to which Trey responded positively. The voice was coming from one of the tables - it was another PT patient. Within minutes every patient in the room was cheering Trey on. In true Trey fashion, and without saying a word, Trey had actively engaged 4 patients and a woman who had driven her mother in for therapy in his work out - they were all cheering him on and laughing watching Trey interact with Mr. Mike. One woman even asked me which days he comes to therapy so she could schedule hers around Trey! If you think about it, most people that come to PT are in pain and it's not the most exciting place to be. Only Trey could let his light shine through for all to see.

Trey and Mr. Mike are hilarious together, it was time to get the laser cart and from another room I heard Trey exclaim "My do it"!!! Not to be outdone, I overheard Mr. Mike explaining to Trey he had to wait just a minute so the wand wasn't "Coldie". Mr. Mike was so amazing with Trey, he was either on the floor racing with Trey or making it a fun game for Trey to ensure he gets the full benefit of his work out. Trey is definitely in the right place!
Love ya!
Cath

No comments: