Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are you THANKFUL for?...Luv, Mike


Cami,
Your question for the family on “thankfulness” is tough to answer for I feel such a juggernaut of emotions in my life right now.

I am so angry for the unjust card our little angel has been dealt but yet feel so blessed for the magnitude of joy he brings me EVERY single time, he laughs, smiles, stares into my eyes, calls me “dadda”, or just brushes his tiny fingers against my arm or leg. I can’t imagine my life without him in it. I still feel like its Xmas morning, every time I drive home from work and know his sweet little face will be greeting me from around the corner in the hallway.

I’m also so very thankful for having you in my life during this time, you are so wonderful and provide so many lessons in life that I fear I’ve failed to grasp as perhaps a more attentive student should be in this challenging chapter in our lives. You have such an innate and humble ability to find such good in every situation, you always make it a habit to thank others, and always express such appreciation sincerely without expecting anything in return……I think you’ve been trying to show me how precious life is and that we should cherish and appreciate life itself as a gift and embrace the positive things people (whether family or not) have done for us and what we still have and enjoy each day in our home and our lives because by doing so we’ll have more joy. I know you’re trying honey and I love you so much for it.

The poet gives Ralph Waldo Emerson gives a good lesson in positive thinking,

“Some people are always grumbling
Because roses have thorns;
I however, am thankful,
That thorns have Roses.”


You are my rose in this thorny chapter in our lives and I’m afraid I’ve lost sight of that and have selfishly just focused on getting pricked by the thorns!……….Please know that I care so much and just want so badly for happiness to envelope our home once more.

I think we both need to view this journey as Jesus Christ did in the “footprints” poem…….I think honey, that at times you will need to lead and at times I will, other moments, we’ll be walking hand to hand beside one another, and we can’t forget that there’ll be moments when we must carry the other on our backs……to get through the darkest chapters.

I am just so thankful and humbled to still have you as my best friend, partner, mother of my baby boys and just simply my beautiful wife,


Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

9 divided by 3 is 3. :) I love you so much big brother! I am so glad to see you coaching. You are so natural, it is amazing and inspiring. I can literally see Drake grow and show amazing leadership skills on the field, all taught so gently and tenderly by you. I am so proud of you all!