Saturday, August 8, 2009

Meeting New Friends

August 7, 2009

Finally after emails back and forth today was the day that Trey and I would at last get to meet Kianna, Justin and their mom, Darla. HopeKids put Darla and I in touch with one another a few months ago but busy lives and the desire that we could somehow coordinate both of our schedules as well as with the newspaper photographers so that he could catch this first meeting was just that…wishful thinking. So, today the three kids met as well as Darla and I (face to face). After some “warming up” on Trey’s part, the kids played games and by the end of the visit, Trey had found two new friends. Darla informed me that this was the first time Kianna and Justin had met another person with MPSIV, just like them. Justin (15) and Kianna (13) were so patient with Trey…after a few hours with “Mr. Busy” I question when they they’d like to hang out with him again. When Mike walked through the door from work, the very first thing Trey said to Dad dy was, “I have friends”. From what we understand (I am careful how I say this anymore) our three are the only MPS IV children in the state of Arizona . How great is it that we live so close and that the kids really took a liking to one another? I am so excited to have Darla as a friend and for Trey to have Justin and Kianna in his life today and tomorrow when their friendship will mean the world to him.


2 comments:

rachel burton said...

Wow Trey it looks like you had a great time with Justin and Kianna. Bella has a few friends that she has meet with MPS IV, and 2 of them live about an hour away from us. It sure is great to meet these special friends. I look forward to hearing more about you and your family and hopefully being able to talk to mom tomorrow. Maybe if you are up to it you and Bella can chat!!! She loves the phone. Rachel

Hua said...

Hi,

That's so lucky that they live close by. I'm glad the kids have found friends they can relate to.

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients).  I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at Wellsphere.com/health-blogger.  Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you!  The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua