Saturday, August 8, 2009

Alone with my THOUGHTS

August 6, 2009


I fell asleep after the news last night then woke up only to find myself alone with my thoughts. I checked in on the boys and just stared in awe at their angelic faces. I thanked God for each of them then went back to our room. Still not able to sleep, I did what I do on most nights that this happens and took out a book of mine that always, always comforts me. I turned the book to today’s date and low and behold, this is what it read;

Sometimes God causes severe winds of trial to blow upon his children to develop their gifts. Just as a torch burns more brightly when waved back and forth and just as a juniper plant smells sweetest when thrown into the flames, so the richest qualities of a Christian often arise under the strong winds of suffering and adversity. Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance that God loves to smell.

Again, my worries were put to ease as asleep I went.

Maybe one day I’ll understand but for now… thanks to priceless books like these, at lease I am able to rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed to be reminded of this!

Cami, I know from my own life if it were always easy I would never depend on the Lord.

Thank you Lord for the trails you allow me to have.

Tom