Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary to WHO?


June 13. Today was my in-laws 45th Anniversary and we were lucky enough to get to spend a good part of their day with them. After attending Drake and Broc’s first swim meet of the summer, my dad and gigi took the boys to see the movie “Up”, which permitted Mike and I time to take John and Joyce out to brunch for their Anniversary. At brunch we were presented with a card for Trey and a gift for myself. For a moment I thought my in-laws had confused the occasion. John explained that their solution to anniversary gifting would be to gift their money to us for Trey’s medical account, something they had agreed on from the get go. Also, they both know how much I lean on the one word “BELIEVE” hence, gave to me a Celtic cross with the word BELIEVE etched across the front. I was moved to tears and so appreciative of their selfless gesture. I am so thankful for in-laws like them; the boys are so extremely lucky to have such wonderful grandparents…together we are all so blessed to be cared for and loved by such an incredible family.

No comments: