Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An EXTRA Special Gift


December 24, 2011
The continuation of the Pearl "Adopt a Family" fundraiser...
Instead of presenting our family with Visa gift cards, Tammy and I decided to present Trey with the one and only toy on his Christmas list...a Razor 4-wheeler with (according to Trey) "real" tires. As a result of all the hard work, Tammy, my brother, Steve and the rest of the employees of Pearl Sushi, Tammy was able to come through with a gift for Trey that Mike and I couldn't afford, the one gift that we had to keep making up excuses for why Santa wouldn't be able to deliver to Trey as well. Although Trey's expression didn't do justice to what I just know he was feeling inside when Steve and Tammy furnished his Christmas wish, Mike and I were once again grateful for friends and family who bestow their love and support on our child, time and time again. Tammy also remembered Drake and Broc as well as Mike and I in her generosity. The older boys received Visa gift cards and Mike and I a dinner out. I realize that you can't always get your children everything they ask for at Christmas time but knowing all Trey has gone through these past few months with the travel, long days, and test after test associated with the clinical trials, this gift couldn't begin to have a price tag attached to it...in my book, Trey was very deserving of his EXTRA Special gift and Mike and I are EXTRA blessed to have Tammy in our lives, for loving and caring for us as she has this Christmas!

No comments: